In 1971, Saul Alinsky wrote an entertaining classic on grassroots organizing titled Rules for Radicals. Those who prefer cooperative tactics describe the book as out-of-date. Nevertheless, it provides some of the best advice on confrontational tactics. Alinsky begins this way:
What follows is for those who want to change the world from what it is to what they believe it should be. The Prince was written by Machiavelli for the Haves on how to hold power.
Rules for Radicals is written for the Have-Nots on how to take it away.
His “rules” derive from many successful campaigns where he helped poor people fighting power and privilege.
For Alinsky, organizing is the process of highlighting what is wrong and convincing people they can actually do something about it. The two are linked. If people feel they don’t have the power to change a bad situation, they stop thinking about it.
According to Alinsky, the organizer — especially a paid organizer from outside — must first overcome suspicion and establish credibility. Next the organizer must begin the task of agitating: rubbing resentments, fanning hostilities, and searching out controversy. This is necessary to get people to participate. An organizer has to attack apathy and disturb the prevailing patterns of complacent community life where people have simply come to accept a bad situation. Alinsky would say, “The first step in community organization is community disorganization.”
Through a process combining hope and resentment, the organizer tries to create a “mass army” that brings in as many recruits as possible from local organizations, churches, services groups, labor unions, corner gangs, and individuals.
Alinsky provides a collection of rules to guide the process. But he emphasizes these rules must be translated into real-life tactics that are fluid and responsive to the situation at hand.
When you first heard about Obama’s plan to fundamentally transform America, you probably wondered “into what?” Well, the answer, as many speculated, is a Social State. Socialism. And anyone that said that was mocked and ridiculed by the people who were planning to implement it. (See Rule #5 below.)
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are both Saul Alinsky radicals. The Democrat party loss of the 2016 Presidential election has thrown the Alinsky tactics into overdrive in an attempt to destroy the Trump presidency.
In less than 5 minutes you will know the Progressive’s plan and their tactics. Please take the time, read this and refer to it often. And tell others.
There are 2 sections in this post.
The first is the 8 point plan to implement Socialism. This plan was not enumerated in Alinsky’s book, but Alinsky inspired two Columbia University sociologists Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven to devise the “Cloward-Piven Strategy” which seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse. This strategy is often attributed to Alinsky and left wing websites like Snopes have tried to discredit the plan by declaring it false because Alinsky didn’t actually write the 8 steps in his book. But Snopes conveniently fails to correctly attribute the work to Cloward and Piven.
The second is the 12 “Rules” for implementation of this plan. The tactics or “rules” work equally as well on the left to fight the plan, which is in it’s final stages of implementation.
How to create a social state – The Cloward-Piven Strategy:
There are eight levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.
The first is the most important.
- Healthcare– Control healthcare and you control the people.
- Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
- Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
- Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state
- Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives. (Food, Housing, and Income)
- Education – Take control of what people read and listen to us“ take control of what children learn in school.
- Religion – Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.
- Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
The Tactics: 12 Rules For Radicals
Know them and know what Democrats are doing!
* RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood. (These are two things of which there is a plentiful supply. Government and corporations always have a difficult time appealing to people, and usually do so almost exclusively with economic arguments.)
* RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don’t address the “real” issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)
* RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
* RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)
* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)
* RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Radical activists, in this sense, are no different that any other human being. We all avoid “un-fun” activities, and but we revel at and enjoy the ones that work and bring results.)
* RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news. (Even radical activists get bored. So to keep them excited and involved, organizers are constantly coming up with new tactics.)
* RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)
* RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (Perception is reality. Large organizations always prepare a worst-case scenario, something that may be furthest from the activists’ minds. The upshot is that the organization will expend enormous time and energy, creating in its own collective mind the direst of conclusions. The possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.)
* RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Unions used this tactic. Peaceful [albeit loud] demonstrations during the heyday of unions in the early to mid-20th Century incurred management’s wrath, often in the form of violence that eventually brought public sympathy to their side.)
* RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)
* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
According to Alinsky, the main job of the organizer is to bait an opponent into reacting. “The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.”
Obama’s departure from the White House allows him to do what he has wanted to do all along, organizing dissidents at the local level, city by city, and region by region. He is not done yet. He is just getting started.
According to New York Post journalist Paul Sperry, President Obama is building a shadow government.
In the 4:38-minute interview on Lou Dobbs Tonight (see video below), Sperry said, “I don’t think Republicans know what they’re up against. He is quietly building a shadow opposition government to sabotage Trump and Republicans as well, and their policies, while at the same time saving his own legacy. He’s doing this through a radical Alinsky group that he founded, called Organizing for Action (OFA). They’ve got an army of agitators and they are fanning out. They are going to hit Republicans even harder when they go home for recess back to their home districts.”
During the interview, Lou Dobbs pointed out the group could have been called Organizing for America, but no, that would not have been accurate because they are not for America. They are taking action against America.
Paul Sperry explains more about how OFA operates:
“It starts at a training center. These are not like the rabble from Occupy Wall Street or even Black Lives Matter. These are professionally trained agitators. They are schooled in Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals tactics at a program that lasts six weeks. That’s about 32,000 that have gone through that, over 32,000. They have another 25,000 under training now and they have another training summit coming up in March. We have not seen the worst of these protests. These are really going to hit hard, but Obama is the guy who is behind all of this. He is the master-mind.”
If the numbers quoted by Paul Sperry are accurate, OFA has already trained 32,000 agitators with another 25,000 now enrolled in their six-week course and another group scheduled to begin training next month. At this rate, they could have hundreds of thousands within the next six months.
In order to prevent Obama, Clinton and their ilk from succeeding in the destruction of America, Americans need to unite NOW.. not divide. Stop playing into the hands of the socialists. They want America in complete chaos. Don’t contribute to it.
Do you want to like under socialism or do you want to live in a free America? The choice is yours.